Mike and Susie Jensen Family

"Enjoy the Little Things in Life, for one day you may Look Back and Realize they were the Big Things."
~Robert Brault


Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year 2008!




So one of my New Years Goals is to be a better blogger this year! Wahoo! My first blog of the new year. Our New Years Eve and Day turned out how most of our holidays have been so far this year: plagued with sickness. What's up with this? I'm sooo disinfecting everything tomorrow. I'm tired of the bugs that we all love to share. Mike came down with that yucky, disgusting, $#&5#*@% cold that I got the week before Christmas. I didn't leave my couch for a week during that week. It was a good thing that I was "prepared" if you know what I mean, because I was so sick and didn't want to do anything. So now MJ has it now. Aagh! I couldn't even kiss him New Years Eve. What a bummer!!!

So last night we were headed to Janelle and Eric's for a fun New Years party. (Thanks for the super late night party guys!) Well, Mike and I had only been there for about 30 minutes and MJ said, "I'm so sick, you have to take me home!" So I took him home. Loaded him up with herbal, homeopathic, AND over the counter drugs. I knew he'd be looped out. So I tucked him into bed and he went to sleep soundly and Ashlyn and I tucked all of the other girls into bed and we went back to the party until 4:00 a.m. Luckily everyone slept at home.

Mike was feeling slightly better today. I did 10 loads of laundry and 2 loads of dishes and cleaned out my fridge and he got to relax and catch up on football. But we were all headed out to go grab some dinner and he decided to head to Urgent Care instead to get some stronger drugs. So the girls and I threw a spontaneous New Years Day party. It was a good thing I was stocked up on good ol' fashioned party junk food! Yippee!!! So these pictures are taken while poor Dad is waiting at Urgent Care for 2 hours. Sadly, the party must go on. The girls had fun, had dinner, and then took over my camera and had a fun photo shoot of themselves and Brynlyn.

I'm hoping we're going to kick this bug real soon! Please please please take extra Vitamin C and Airborne for me. This is a nasty, nasty thing going around and you do not want it. So think of me as you chug some more orange juice. =)

Here's to a HEALTHY and HAPPY New Year 2008! Looking forward to it!

2 comments:

Amie said...

Poor Mike! I hope he's feeling better soon. Sounds horrible. I have a cold, but that's nothing in comparison! Looks like your party was fun too. We had a great night. I need to upload some pics--it was at Toni's house. Did you see her video on my blog? LOL!!

Clement Family said...

I am so happy to see you again....sorry to hear you are all sick though. I hope you keep your resolution up. :) I miss hearing from you. I loved your Christmas card. Did you get mine? See you 08/08/08?