Mike and Susie Jensen Family

"Enjoy the Little Things in Life, for one day you may Look Back and Realize they were the Big Things."
~Robert Brault


Monday, April 05, 2010

Are you ready for some news???

Are you ready for some big news???


Are you really ready? Are you sure you're ready?

Don't ever say I didn't warn you...

Okay, well here goes...

I went to my baby doctor today and he did an ultrasound and guess what???

We're having a........

GIRL!!!!

Wahoo! Daughter number 5. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the fact that I'm going to have 5 daughters.

Really, honestly, think about it. How many people do you know in your life that have the privilege of raising five precious daughters of God. I don't know too many families with that many daughters. But the ones I do know are absolutely incredible families! We really have some wonderful examples to follow, so thank you for that.

So after some initial shock on Mike's part, he started to get used to the idea. I wasn't so shocked because for quite a few weeks now, I have been feeling quite strongly that it was a sweet girl. I have slowly planted little seeds to Mike and my girls preparing them for this fact, but (honestly) they were still all hoping for a boy. But Mike is getting used to the idea and he is excited for another daughter (and he even gets to name her. Lucky duck!)

Here's the story on that one...

When we were first starting to think about having kids, our deal was that I would name our girls and he would name our boys. Well, WHO KNEW that BOYS were NOT in our Family Game Plan. So I have basically come up with the other girls' names (with Mike's full approval on each of the names, of course). Now, Mike gets to name our baby daughter, (but I do have some veto power. ha ha)

Every time I go and get a pedicure at the local salon, the girls there always tell me that if I just "have one more daughter, it's considered good fortune in their culture for a family to have five daughters." Now, I have never found any proof of this to back it up, but I'll take it! I could use all of the good fortune I can get. ha ha

So anyway, we'll be just like Elizabeth Bennett's family in Jane Austen's novel "Pride and Prejudice." Mr. Bennett had five daughters, and so maybe I'll start calling Mike "Mr. Jensen." ha ha

Just wanted to share our fun news with you all! And once again, we continue to live in a very pink world.






15 comments:

Mindy said...

It's funny... I'm shocked... not sure why... maybe I was holding out with Mike and the girls for a tinge of blue. You are absolutely right - what a privilege to be raising 5 precious daughters. What a great example they have to follow with you as their mom! I am so happy for you.

Barbie said...

Congrats you guys! We are so excited for you.
Love, Rick and Barb

kristen said...

I never once doubted it would be a beautiful, pink, and don't forget the sparkles, bundle of pure heaven on earth!! Love it! Congratulations you guys, we miss you and are so thrilled that you will stay true to the pink world we too share with you!! Love and hugs!!
The Seare's

Anne said...

I'm glad its a girl because it would have messed up your whole blog name. I am having girl number 4 and so glad. I do have the two boys at the top though (sorry Mike). I didn't want a boy at the tail end because they would have been 12 years apart. Congratulations.

Smith Family said...

Poor Mike! I am so glad that I just have 1 girl. I would be shopping all of the time if I had 5how FUN! Congrats to you two.

Anonymous said...

:( I want a brother!!!!!!!! :(

Niki Miller said...

Congrats! I'm sure that we are going to have our 5th boy too. The boys don't really like the idea and George tells me I need to have faith, but I'm sure we won't hear pink. So maybe I should name our blog 'living life in a blue world' ; ). But I do have to remind myself that I am blessed to be raising 4 (possibly 5) priesthood holders and future missionaries.
Can't wait to hear the name. You're brave to give away that power.

The Haggartons said...

Congratulations!! I can't wait till they are teens! that's going to be so much fun, (mixed with drama to be sure). Love you guys!!!

BECKY said...

How great! Congrats!

Amie said...

congrats!!! *giggle*

Unknown said...

I knew it was a girl!
congrats!!!!

Dallas and Breanna Reynolds said...

it's going to be another brandon/megan incident...you wait...it'll be a boy. I've gotta feelin about it! lol

DaNelle said...

yay! We love our family of 5 girls! My sisters and I are so close we hang out at least 2 times a week and talk to each other everyday. Good luck!

Andrea said...

Congratulations! Coming from a family of 5 girls (I was number 4) I can honestly say that Mike must be a pretty neat guy. Only the special ones are allowed to raise 5 daughters. Everyone always told my Dad that it didn't matter what he did here on this earth, he had a spot reserved for him in the Celestial Kingdom for always putting up with 6 (including my Mom) women. There will be lots of drama, but lots of fun as well. Congratulations again and I am so excited for you guys! Love ya!

Andrea

Heather said...

ok, finally catching up with your cute blog. i love all the pics and the news!!!! how exciting. 5 daughters, what a blessing. so much fun. congrats!!