Mike and Susie Jensen Family

"Enjoy the Little Things in Life, for one day you may Look Back and Realize they were the Big Things."
~Robert Brault


Tuesday, July 06, 2010

In June we were so excited to go up to Utah to spend a week with my family at the Aspen Grove Family Camp. This would be our 2nd stay there and we were looking forward to the family bonding time with my fam.

But you know how life can be sometimes. Many times there are bumps in the road and "changes in your plans" that are unforseen and the only thing to do is to say "It is what it is" and Deal! This was one such experience.

After getting a super early start, we filled our car up with gas and off we went. No sooner than 5 miles down the road, we felt a tire go and soon we were off on the side of the road. I try my hardest to look at the "cup half full" in life. I am not always successful and I was REALLY trying hard with this one. The drive to Utah can be brutal and so I always insist we get an early start. I knew this was going to drastically delay our plans, but what are you gonna do???

One of the many "cup half full things" I thought of: My in-laws live 5 minutes away, so after a quick call to my mother in law, she came and picked me and the girls up and took us back to her house to wait while Mike figured this situation out. The girls ate lots of food, watched their fave TV shows, played with toys, swam in the swimming pool, and were entertained for 5 hours by Granda and Aunt Janice. Whew....thank heavens for that as opposed to the tire blowing anywhere else on the road where things would not have been as comfortable. So for THAT, I am truly grateful.

Mike dealt with this as quickly as he possibly could and 5 hours later, we were on the road again. We decided to drive straight through because we had plans to meet up with Mike's sisters and their families the next day for lunch and we didn't want to miss out on a Jensen clan reunion. So off we went to Utah with some new tires...


1 comment:

Amie said...

yikes! bummer! I'm glad no one was hurt!