Mike and Susie Jensen Family

"Enjoy the Little Things in Life, for one day you may Look Back and Realize they were the Big Things."
~Robert Brault


Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Why I Love Being a Mother



I love being a Mom! It is so wonderful and truly my greatest joy in life. My girls are silly and goofy and challenging and fun and stubborn and sweet and full of life and lots and lots of love that they want to share with me at any time of the day. I am not nearly as good as a Mom as I would like to be. That's another goal: Be a more patient and loving Mother! =)


I was reading a friend (Toni's) blog today and she shared some of her favorite thoughts of motherhood and I just loved it so much that I copied it and wanted to share it on my blog with other mothers and women that I know. She posted it on her blog and it's a fun blog, so go and check out Toni's link. Anyway, below is her sweet thoughts and feelings she eloquently illustrated. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Why I Love Being a Mother by Toni Gardner

1. You finally stop to smell the roses, because the child holding your hand wants to smell them.
2. Where you once believed you were fearless, you now find yourself afraid.
3. The sacrifices you thought you made to have a child no longer seem like sacrifices.
4. You respect your old body ... finally.
5. You respect your parents and love them in a new way.
6. You find that your child's pain feels much worse than your own.
7. You believe once again in the things you believed in as a child.
8. You lose touch with the people in your life whom you should have banished years ago.
9. Your heart breaks much more easily.
10. You think of someone else 234,836,178,976 times a day.
11. Every day is a surprise .
12. Bodily functions are no longer repulsive. In fact, they please you. (Hooray for poop!)
13. You look at your baby in the mirror instead of yourself.
14. You become a morning person.
15. Your love becomes limitless, a superhuman power.
16. You discover how much there is to say about one tooth.
17. You finally realize that true joy doesn't come from material wealth.
18. You now know where the sun comes from.
19. You'd rather buy a plastic tricycle than those shoes that you've been dying to have.
20. You realize that although they are sticky, lollipops have magical powers.
21. You don't mind going to bed at 9 p.m. on Friday night.
22. Silence? What's that?
23. You can see the masterpiece in a lump of play-dough.
24. You discover an inner strength you never thought you had.
25. You no longer rely on a clock — your baby now sets your schedule.
26. You give parents with a screaming child an ''I-know-the-feeling'' look instead of a ''Can't-they-shut-him-up?'' one.
27. Your dog — who used to be your ''baby'' — becomes just a dog.
28. You take the time for one more hug and kiss even if it means you'll be late.
29. You learn that taking a shower is a luxury.
30. You realize that you can love a complete stranger.
Thanks for sharing your wonderful thoughts and feelings with us, Toni!


8 comments:

Amie said...

What fun this is!? What was this for?

Toni said...

Thanks, but I can't take complete credit for all of the reasons. I only made up some of the reasons and I got the other reasons from somewhere else. But I do believe them all. It great to see new stuff on your blog. Your girls are so cute!

Tina ♥ said...

Hey Susie! I found your blog a while back. What a cute pink family! Looks like you have 4 sweet girls. Sorry you have had the bugs going around. Anyways I just had to say hi. If you don't mind I added your blog link to mine. I update mine regularly, feel free to take a look whenever. Guess what? Number 4 is coming soon, and after 3 girls, it's a boy! We're excited! Have a great day and hope you all feel better soon!
Tina Hansen

Rene said...

Hi! I just found both of your blogs. I too have a heart child and am LDS. I am also the Yin to your Yang...I have 4 boys! Glad to "meet" you!

Rene
Charleston, SC

www.sectorsgirl.blogspot.com

Andrea said...

Hey Susie! I am glad to see your blog up to date again. I check it all the time to keep up to date on your family, because you know we live so far away and don't ever get to see each other any more. I am so glad you guys are doing well, Brenlyn looks wonderful! I have finally gotten into the blogging world you can check it out if you want ronandandiderrick.blogspot.com

Bren's Life said...

Hi Susie! I saw your blog through someone else's & love it.. Your girls are so precious & cute! I love your poodle skirts. Where did you find them? I bet you made them! Hope your doing good. We sure miss all of Coronado Ranch being 1 ward! Maybe someday it'll go back...
Take Care

Shannon Martin said...

Susie, love getting Christmas cards from you each year and seeing ow your family, and especially Brynlyn is doing. Found your blog through Milea's. Your girls are so cute and you are amazing I am sorry but you are super mom! Send me an email at shannon@bnchomes.com and I will send you an invite to our blog.

dustin and amy said...

It's so good to see your family! It's been a while, we miss you guys over on the other side of Higley!