Mike and Susie Jensen Family

"Enjoy the Little Things in Life, for one day you may Look Back and Realize they were the Big Things."
~Robert Brault


Saturday, August 01, 2009

Saturday, day 3: Swap Meet, Iao Needle, a BIG surprise

My husband is so amazing and planned this incredible surprise for me. At sunset, on Kaanapali Beach, with a romantic speech planned out, he surprised me with a new wedding ring! I could hardly believe it when I saw it and I was completely SPEECHLESS. (which is tough to do, I know ha ha) All I could say was, "Are you asking me to marry you again?" ha ha

I have been looking at this ring for a year now, but I've never felt like it was the time to get it and had just told myself it wasn't going to happen and that's fine. He bought it without me even knowing it, had it sized for me. Amazing! I can't believe he pulled it off and it makes me tear up everytime I put on the ring, just thinking about all of the planning and effort it took on his part to do this. It's a great moment in my life I will never forget!

I love him a million times before he even did this, and I would still love him even if he hadn't done this. I thought that taking me to Hawaii was a good enough gift. He knew this was something I was wishing for and I appreciate him for doing this wonderful gesture for me.






Iao Needle. As promised, we took the girls back to the Iao Valley so they could swim. However, the weather changed a little that day and it was cooooold! The water was absolutely freezing, but the girls still jumped in and played around for a while.


On the bridge over the valley





The Maui Swap Meet. This is a photographers meca. It was fun capturing the local flavor and natural color of the island on camera.






This was neat. This lady wrote a book about some Hawaiian turtles and so we bought an autographed copy of her book along with some stuffed turtles and then she even posed with the girls in this picture. That is her granddaughter with her. So fun to meet a local artist.

Overlooking the Maui Swap Meet

Mike insisted on trying this pure coconut milk. The look on his face said it all. "Ewww! This is gross!" ha ha



This Hawaiian couple sat there and cut and shelled the cocunuts.






1 comment:

Amie said...

WOW how Sweet of Mike! What an amazing ring, too!